electrical inspections and testing manchester

We are Manchester Electrical Inspections, NICEIC registered, insured & on the competent persons register

We are trusted local Manchester Electricians, serving Greater Manchester & North Cheshire. We specialise in Electrical Safety Certificates Manchester, Electrical Reports, EICR Manchester electrical inspection and testing, Consumer Unit Upgrades, replacement fuse boards, Manchester Electrical Installation Condition Reports & Manchester HMO properties for landlords & homeowners throughout Greater Manchester and Cheshire.

We are City & Guilds Qualified & Part P Registered. We provide an honest & reliable electrical testing & installation service for homeowners, landlords & homebuyers to ensure that they meet electrical safety standards.

We cover the whole of Greater Manchester & Cheshire including Altrincham, Manchester City Centre, Sale, Bolton, Stretford, Burnage, Urmston, Partington, Swinton, Withington, Heaton Mersey, Heaton Chapel, Reddish, Failsworth, Heaton Norris, Eccles, Cheadle, Fallowfield, Ancoats, Levenshulme, Cheetham Hill, Wythenshawe, Gatley, Timperley, Didsbury, Chorlton, Trafford, Prestwich, Pendlebury, Preston, Whitefield, Salford, Knutsford, Walkden, Wilmslow, Alderley Edge, Prestbury, Altrincham, Bowden, Hale, Hale Barns, Lymm, Dunham Massey and Stockport to name a few.

If you’re looking for EICR Manchester or an electrical inspection report Manchester – give us a call today.

Homeowner, Home Buyer and Landlord Electrical Services

We specialise in Electrical Installation Condition Reports for homebuyers, home sellers & landlords throughout Greater Manchester & Cheshire.  We also carry out Manchester HMO EICR’s as well as domestic and landlord electrical installations and PAT Testing throughout Greater Manchester & Cheshire. All of our electricians are City & Guilds and Part P Full Scope qualified.

To find out more about Manchester Electrical Inspections and the Manchester electrical inspection, testing & services that we provide take a look through our site or call us on 07493 508 439 or 0161 611 00 44 and speak with one of our knowledgeable staff. They will be able to provide helpful advice on any electrical remedial work needed, and arrange a convenient appointment time for one of our electricians to attend.

  • Consumer Units / Fuse Boxes
  • Electrical Repairs
  • Electrical Fault Finding
  • Smoke Alarms
  • Fitting New Lights
  • Landlord Electrical Certificate
  • Additional Sockets
  • Tripping Circuits
  • Fire Alarms
  • Domestic Rewiring
  • Outdoor Lighting & Sockets
  • CCTV Services
  • Downlights
  • Portable Appliance Testing
  • Periodic Electrical Inspections
  • Landlord Electrical Certificates
  • Switches & Dimmers
  • Earthing & Bonding

When do I need an EICR?

Generally, there are two occasions in which you are required to get EICR testing for your rental property in Manchester. These are:

When your property is new

When you buy to let, it’s essential to have an electrical installation inspection performed and get the EICR results first. This allows you to identify problems within the property’s electrical system, helping you address them before accepting tenants.

When there is a change in occupancy

You can’t be sure what tenants do on your premises and how tenants treat the rental property’s electrical systems. They might be overloading sockets or leaving wires exposed. This is why after a tenant leaves, it’s important you get EICR testing done. This lets you check for damage, deterioration and other non-compliance that may have developed throughout the previous tenancy and resolve them before a new tenant arrives.

Apart from these, though, there are other circumstances when you might need to have EICR testing done. They are:

When your property’s electrical installation is old

Older electrical installations may require more frequent inspection because of wear and tear.

The type of property is more susceptible to electrical system issues

Properties with pools, for example, need to be assessed every year, though only the installation connected to the operation of the pool will be inspected.

Environmental conditions

Areas with water, for example, might need more frequent inspections because the wires and hardware are more susceptible to damage in these conditions.

Misuse of the electrical installation

If, for example, the installation has been affected by vandalism and sustained damage, an EICR inspection is recommended.

What is the Inspection Process?

Manchester Electrical Inspections qualified electricians perform complete electrical installation inspection that includes the assessment of:

  • The adequacy of earthing and bonding
  • The suitability of switchgear and control gear
  • The serviceability of switches, sockets and light fixtures
  • The type and condition of wiring systems
  • The extent of wear and tear, damage and deterioration

The entire inspection will last between three to four hours. After that, we can get your EICR results back to you within the next 24 hours.

Why choose Manchester Electrical Inspections for your EICR?

Manchester Electrical Inspections have been providing EICR’s for landlords throughout Greater Manchester for over 10 years, we are NICEIC registered, insured and our work is guaranteed.  Our prompt service, flexible appointment times and our thorough inspection by certified electricians servicing your rental property guarantees that you will be satisfied with our electrical inspection and testing service.

Contact us on 0161 611 0044 / 07493 508 439.



Manchester Electrical Inspections have been successfully completing Electrical work for homes in Manchester and Cheshire for over 10 Years. We offer an unparalleled level of professionalism and service.


Manchester Electrical Inspections obtain the majority of our work through recommendation & ‘word of mouth’ referrals. We get these referrals by charging our customers a very competitive price for a superb and professional service.


As Manchester Electrical Inspections hold NICEIC Registration all of our work is covered by the NICEIC Platinum Promise.


We know how important our customers time is. This is why we pride ourselves on attending appointments when we say we will and giving accurate completion times for electrical works that we undertake. Sometimes things take a little longer than expected but we keep out customers informed every step of the way.


At Manchester Electrical Inspections we like to make things as easy & convenient as possible for our customers. This is why we offer a complete 7 days a week service so you can arrange quotes and have work carried out at times that are convenient for you.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do I need a certificate for electrical work in the UK?

A: No matter how big or small the job, your electrician should provide you with an electrical installation certificate which will confirm that the work carried out meets the British Standard for electrical safety, BS 7671. All electrical work in dwellings is covered under Building Regulations. We are NICEIC registered electricians which means we are fully insured & registered to carry out all electrical work.

Q: Can I do my own electrics at home?

A: Remember that any DIY electrical work carried out by an unregistered person must be tested and certified by a competent electrician, to ensure the safety of the wiring in your home.

Q: Does changing a light fitting require an electrical certificate?

A: A certificate is not required as the wiring has not been altered. If you were changing the fitting because it was broken it would be classed as maintenance which does not require a certificate.

Q: Is an electrical certificate a legal requirement?

A: In England, Under the Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020, landlords are required to have the electrical installations in their properties inspected and tested, at least every five years, by a person who is qualified and competent.

Q: Do I need an electrician to add a socket?

A: Whilst you don’t need to be certified in order to change the accessories or fittings, you will need to call a qualified electrician if you want to install or replace sockets and lighting.

Q: What is classed as minor electrical works?

A: The Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate is intended to be used for additions and alterations to an installation that do not extend to the provision of a new circuit. Examples include the addition of socket-outlets or lighting points to an existing circuit, the relocation of a light switch etc.

Q: What electrical work is notifiable in England?

A: Notifiable work includes new installations, house re-wires, and the installation of new circuits. Notifiable work also includes additions to existing circuits in special locations.

Q: Is a rewire notifiable?

A: Carrying out a partial or full rewire will often involve creating new circuits or a consumer unit change. This means the work is notifiable to your local building control department.

Q: How do I know if my house needs rewiring?

A: If a property is more than 30 years old and has the original wiring, it is likely to need updating, at least in part, to meet modern standards, including replacing the fuse box with a modern consumer unit. A sign a rewire is necessary, is dated rubber, fabric or lead-insulated cabling.

Q: Can I live in my house while it’s being rewired?

A: The short answer is YES. Of course, if you have just bought a house and the electrical survey noted that the property needs rewiring, then the best course of action would be not to move in until the rewiring is finished. This way, you won’t have to be present for any disruption or messiness, and also you don’t have to worry about your furniture being ruined or all your possessions getting dirty.

It’s also a good idea because, if you and your family are not actively living in the house, chances are the work will be carried out faster, as there will be no furniture or other items to move out of the way.

Q: How messy is a full house rewire?

A: Each property is different and some may not require the electricians to make as much mess, but the majority of electrical rewires require the walls to be cut, chased and chiselled. This can result in a lot of dust, mess and re-plastering works

Q: Is an electrical inspection (EICR) a legal requirement?

A: By law, landlords must have an up-to-date EICR for rented properties. While this usually means a new EICR every five years, most letting agents seem to ask for an EICR before a change in tenancy.

Q: What can fail an EICR?

AAny observed damage, deterioration, defects, dangerous conditions, and non-compliances with the requirements of the current edition of BS 7671 that may give rise to danger will be recorded and appropriately classified for remedial action. Every electrical installation deteriorates with use and time.

Q: Can you sell a house without EICR?

AYou do not need to provide an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) in order to sell a property, although it will give your buyer peace of mind that the property they are buying is electrically safe.

Q: What is the difference between EPC and EICR?

AEPC covers the Energy Performance of a property whereas an EICR covers the condition of the electrical installations within a property.